The textbooks accumulate the discipline’s know-how and impart basic knowledge for practical and academic activities in various fields. Structure and design are adapted to academic teaching. The books can be used to support seminars or for self-studies by students and professionals: as an introduction to a topic, as revision material for exams, or as a reference. They provide research-based knowledge, support the readers’ scientific thinking and practice-oriented knowledge transfer.
The book series is published by an independent board of university lecturers and edited by the German Institute for Adult Education – Leibniz-Institute for Lifelong Learning (DIE). All board members closely support the development of each volume and ensure a high professional quality. Board members are Anke Grotlüschen (University of Hamburg), Christiane Hof (University of Frankfurt), Bernd Käpplinger (University of Gießen), Henning Pätzold (University of Koblenz-Landau), Michael Schemmann (University of Cologne), Sabine Schmidt-Lauff (Helmut-Schmidt-University in Hamburg), Josef Schrader (University of Tübingen, German Institute of Adult Education), and Rudolf Tippelt (University of Munich).
Academic support at the DIE: Thomas Jung, Franziska Loreit
Publisher: The book series is published via wbv media at utb.
The following volumes are in planning:
- Teaching and Learning
- Programme Development
- Institutional Structures
- Management and Organisation
- Learning and Learning Theories
- Profession, Professionalisation, Professionalism
- Counselling in the Context of Lifelong Learning
- Research and Activities
- History and Present
- Media in Teaching and Learning Processes
- Adult Education in Internationally Comparative Perspective
- Socialisation and Informal Adult Learning
- Introduction to Adult and Continuing Education
- Thomas Jung (Editorial Office)
Kurzlink zu dieser Seite:
last changed: 8/5/2019