Books, magazines and online texts, published by the DIE, cover basic and current topics of adult education.
Journal on Continuing Education Research
– The leading scientific journal on adult education in Germany. Each article is peer reviewed.
DIE Zeitschrift für Erwachsenenbildung (DIE Journal on Adult Education)
The quarterly magazine is aimed at continuing educators and informs about current events and conferences.
DIE books are focused on specific areas of interest:
Perspektive Praxis (Practice Perspective)
– Our guidebooks present recommendations and know-how for adult educators.
Studientexte für die Erwachsenenbildung (Study Texts for Adult Education)
- The study materials provide didactically edited expert know-how for self-paced studies or study programmes.
Theorie und Praxis der Erwachsenenbildung (Theory and Practice of Adult Education)
– Researchers present current and trend-setting research results which can be effectively put into practice.
DIE spezial (DIE Special)
– Covers books with national and international relevance for educational policy. The contents are taken from empirical research projects.
Country Reports on Continuing Education
- The country reports provide a comprehensive overview on the educational system in various countries, presenting structural data as well as the specific national features.
Single Publications – Standard references in German and English containing outcomes of DIE projects and symposia.
The open access repository of DIE texte.online
covers a wide range of texts which are relevant for research and practice in the area of adult education.
provide a collection of DIE surveys, research, analyses or comments on current issues of continuing education.
All journals and the majority of our books are published by W. Bertelsmann Verlag (wbv).
Our publications can be purchased in any book store, in the wbv bookshop or on the individual DIE project websites.
Journals and books published by wbv can be ordered on a subscription basis.
Search for topics and authors in our centralized