The reference library is open for the general public. It is particularly aimed at:
- students of adult and continuing education
- researchers of adult and continuing education
- practitioners in the field of adult and continuing education
Since 1958, the library has collected literature from the field of educational science with a special focus on adult and continuing education and the most important related sciences (psychology, sociology, philosophy, and economics) as well as “grey literature” from the field of adult education. The DIE library also contains a large historical collection, e.g. journals on adult education published since 1900. In addition to German literature, the library also offers literature in several other languages, mostly in English.
DIE Literature Data Base on Adult Education
The DIE library collects data in the DIE Literature Data Base on Adult Education – currently containing more than 113,600 titles of books, magazine and essays.
The data base can be searched online by Web-OPAC:
Presentation of Library Acquisitions
The library presents its latest acquisitions sorted by topics quarterly.
Please see Library Acquisition
The complete journal stocks are listed here:
- Print Journals (PDF, 3,6 MB) – complete print journal stocks
- Current Journals (PDF, 0,3 MB) – currently subscribed journals
- Electronic Journals Library – electronic journals subscribed by the DIE Library
The library contents can be borrowed as an interlibrary loan via the University Library Centre Northrhine-Westfalia (Hochschulbibliothekszentrum NRW – HBZ).
We are looking forward to your visit.
Kurzlink zu dieser Seite:
last changed: 9/1/2020